So I’m sitting here at my cluttered desk wishing I had more organizational boxes to put all my “stuff” in , you know? Right! Then I realized I had all these great pieces of scrap paper that were about to be recycled anyway, so I used them to make my own desk boxes. You too can make fabulous boxes of your own with papers of all kinds for all sorts of uses from desk supplies to really great packaging and gift boxes! All you need is paper and scissors…we’ve all got those!
- You need a square piece of paper. Yours isn’t square you say? Simple: fold it diagonally along its side like so and cut off excess strip underneath fold and voila, you will have a perfectly square piece of paper ready to work with!
- Unfolded, your paper should look like this, and the four squares in the middle of the paper will be the bottom of the box (your almost there!):
- Now fold each corner point to the first available crease on all four sides:
- Flip it over and get ready to use your scissors:
- Now make cuts on two sides just to the edge of the four boxes in the middle. 4 cuts total, 2 on each side:
- Fold the opposite side as shown. You will have two points touching in the bottom of the box with two tabs sticking out.
- Now fold the other two tabs in to make the remaining sides and you should have all four corner points in the middle bottom of the box:
- All you gotta do now is reinforce your creases with a pen or marker…I used my trusty sharpie and you’ve got your box!
- Feeling ambitious? Make another one slight larger for a lid!