Homemade stickers by Turtlepapers.etsy.comForget business cards. No one keeps business cards. They are a huge waste of paper and kind of environmentally offensive, IMO. Want to send a rad promo with your items? Make stickers.
Here are some ways to make stickers:
1. Get full-sheet sticker paper and
- print them with your printer
- draw them with markers
- throw a piece of lace on top of the sheet and spray stencil through the lace
- splatter paint them with a toothbrush
- stamp them
- punch them into shapes
2. Get a xyron machine and make anything into a sticker. Like
- old children's books and other ephemera
- neat found paper that you draw on, like old grid paper or ledger paper
- pages ripped from dime-store romance novels
- saved greeting cards
3. Do like graffiti artists do and lift a stack of postage stickers from the P.O. and
- draw on them with paint markers
- roll paint over them THEN draw on them
- get your gluestick out and collage onto them
- spray stencil them
write/print/stamp your etsy address on the back of them. Cut apart and toss into packages. Discretely write your shop name ON the sticker, but this makes it less likely to be loved/kept. Make your stickers covetable so your buyer keeps the shop name on hand...like a business card!
p.s. Whenever you use a sticker, toss the sticker backing into your shredder, please, and then use the shreddings to stuff something....or cut it into confetti....